It’s almost time for Santa to visit! Here it is a tradition to leave cookies out for Santa on Christmas Eve & there’s nothing better to leave than these cookies! They’re easy enough to involve the kids and you just cannot go wrong with chocolate chip cookies, so prepare to grab your aprons and make sure that butter is sitting out to soften!
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz.) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Set your butter out to soften a few hours before! Microwaving it does not work well for baking so I try to plan ahead and set the butter out the night before.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy. Make sure there are no more streaks of butter in the middle before moving on!
- Add your 2 eggs and beat them in well
- Next you’ll mix in your salt & baking soda
- Once those are stirred in well, add your flour a little at a time.
- Then last but not least, mix in your chocolate morsels!
- Drop the batter onto ungreased nonstick baking sheets by the rounded tablespoon. You even get bonus points for preheating the baking sheets!
- Bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. I tend to stare at mine starting at 8 minutes since my oven likes to burn things. The edges should just be starting to darken when you take them out. Remove to wire racks to cool.
This makes about 5 dozen cookies, unless you’re like me and make your cookies a bit on the larger side.